Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jango2 jango2 is offline

Default Denon AVR-3300 - intermittent audio out

Hi,
I just fixed a Denon AVR-1905. I'm probably one of the 2 recent
posters that William refers to. I'm not familiar with the AVR-3300 but
i just wanted to point out that the problem might not lie in the DSP
board. When you flex the pcd you might be subjecting the cpu board to
stress causing a pin of the cpu to make /break contact, as it is the
main board and other pcbs dock onto it. I think you should reflow the
cpu. I finally resolved my case with the use of a scope, service
manual and magnifying glass. Observe and trace waveforms like data and
clock all the way to the pins of the cpu. Like William said, my break
was under the flat pack.
Jango.