Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner Tom Gardner is offline

Default OT - Upgrading Computers

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 16:27:56 -0700, Brent wrote:

You are aware officially vista is a PER INSTANCE licence. A reformat
officially invalidates your windows license and you do not own your
COPY of the OS on one computer anymore

Bah. If I have to reinstall, I have ended the use of that instance, and
I still have one instance.

you only own vista for one instance of installation

Given the quality of vista and the need to likely reload it several
times during its usable lifetime, this is either wrong, or purely evil.

reformats as ser the license agreement require you re-purchase a Vista
instance

Can you show me a cite for that? I'd love to have that in MS's own
words.

Hows that for Gouging? IF i run afoul of that issue with M$ i will be
abandining their OS for PC's (I already have for servers)

I switched to Mac shortly after they went to Unix. Haven't looked back.
I maintain 1500+ servers at work, last thing I want to do at home is
dick around with a balky computer.

I have the perfect Microsoft solution! I build and sell a bunch of boxes so
I buy an OS for each system but install a "different" build. My end users
then register with the purchased key. I'm just starting to load Vista and I
hate to admit it but...it's nice! I haven't had a single problem in 6
installs and people seem to like it. The down side is Vista wants higher
end newer parts. I see that this has driven prices down so...that's good.