Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob in Phx Bob in Phx is offline

Default help with electric motor wiring

I just received a GE 1/6th horsepower 115 volt 48 frame motor. I have a
powered hacksaw that I would like to use it on. So, I opened up the motor
plate and found two screw connectors and 4 solderless 1/4 inch standard
connections. The number one connection has both the screw and solderless
connections, directly connected. The number 2 connection is a solderless
connector and a blue wire connected to it, from the motor windings. The
number 3 connection is a solderless connector and has a yellow wire on it.
The number 4 connection has both solderless and screw terminal.
so I put 115volts to the both of the screw connectors and the motor did not
move, only hummed. I am guessing that it needs a run cap, but I cant find
any wiring diagram. anyone have any ideas.....

thanks in advance..

bob in phx