Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GE Dishwasher life expectancy?

On Sep 22, 6:38?pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 22:26:27 +0000, JLF wrote:
Today my almost 15-year old GE Potscrubber 1100 seems to have stopped
working. The motor didn't seem to start. I can faintly hear it trying,
but nothing happens. The detergent compartment opened and the bottom
seemed to fill half-way with warm water, but nothing beyond that
happened...

Do I need to buy a new one?

Any suggestions?

Mine would be replace it.

check for debris in pump, replace dont fix at that age its a loser,

clearing a stuck pump is worth it.

some new dishwashers have extra deep baskets, you can find them the
kick panel is very small in height. I just bough a whirpool they are
the only maker to have silverware in the door, saving space in the
main part of the washer. new dishawshers heat the water which is nice