Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Outlet position according to code.

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 13:16:42 -0400, "RBM" rbm2(remove
wrote:

I think you have to many "what if's" to make it practical

That could be true if installing a receptacle ground-up was any harder
than installing it ground-down. Since there isn't any difference
there, even a very small difference in risk makes it worthwhile.

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 10:02:12 -0400, "RBM" rbm2(remove
wrote:

Isn't that why God created circuit breakers?

There's still a spark, and sometimes a receptacle will be close to a
leaking gas heater.

"Steve Barker LT" wrote in message
news:mb2dnfcgz8oKimjbnZ2dnUVZ_v2unZ2d@giganews. com...
I'll bet you could, on purpose, dump a whole box of paperclips right
down
the wall, and none would land on the prongs. And if the cord was
plugged
in properly, the prongs won't be exposed anyway.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
Code does not care. Seems to be getting more and more the accepted
practice to have them ground up, especially in offices where a paper
clip
could fall onto the prongs. I don't know if there are any documented
cases of a paper clip falling onto prongs though.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"DISCLAIMER If you find a posting or message
from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive,
please ignore it. If you don't know how to
ignore a posting, complain to me and I will
demonstrate."