David

Default 'Pinning back the brickwork' - valuer's report

Just has a valuation done on a property we're buying, and it says:

"Slight bulging of brickwork was noted above the kitchen window frame.
Whilst the movement is considered to be historic, pinning back the
brickwork should be undertaken"

I can't remember seeing this when we viewed the property, and can't
make it out on the plethora of digi-photos we took as we went round
(which is a Really Useful buyer's tip by the way!! - ). Doesn't sound
too awful, but what's involved in 'pinning back' as the guy
recommends? DIY-able? The loan is not dependent on it. Not sure
what the wall structure is but the house is a circa 1900 mid-terrace.

Would it just involve hacking out the damaged area and replacing it?

(I'm sure there will be plenty more posts from this direction once we
take possession, as there's a lot to do!)

Thanks
David