Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Specs that are part English and part metric

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 16:26:43 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

I said:
Yeah, people seem to like to bend sportsmen over for fishing and
hunting supplies.

What's even stranger to me is that some of them will pay those prices. That
reel I was looking at was a Shimano Stella, and it's a beautiful piece of
forging and machining. But how much better can it be than a $150 reel? Those
are nice, too. Doubtless they'll cast just as far and they have very good
drags, which are the things you're looking for in a surf reel.

Yeah, fishing really is a drag. guffaw

There are a lot of people around with a lot of money, and they'll pay
ridiculous prices to feather their hobbies and pastimes. I'd feel so guilty
I couldn't enjoy my hobby if I spent like that.

I grok you in your entirety there. Now where's that old Zebco reel...?

--

EXPLETIVE: A balm, usually applied verbally in hindsight,
which somehow eases those pains and indignities following