Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wandering Jigsaw

Dave Gordon wrote:
"David in Normandy"says...

"mark" wrote in message
Just got myself a new jigsaw(£70). When starting a cut the blade
wanders to the left about 8mm and stays there, happens everytime,
no matter what direction. Even when using a guide.....

See pics here

http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php...igsaw.jpg.html.
This cut was made using a guide, I've just moved it back so youi
can see the poor cut.

What's to blame? jigsaw? blade? me?

Take it back and exchange it for a circular saw,if there's one power
tool that I don't have its a jigsaw basically because they're
useless for cutting long lenghts of wood straight.

Must agree. My jigsaw wanders to the left so have to steer it to the
right. It can also wander with the depth of the cut too depending on
what I'm cutting. Doing the cut out hole in worktops for a kitchen
sink being a prime example. The cut is not at 90 degrees to the
surface.

I thought that after years of buggering about with cheap jigsaws. Then I
bought a Makita 4341 for about £120. Different machine alltogether - it's a
jigsaw Jim, but not as we know it.

It laughs at 38mm worktop & cuts almost perfectly square if you take time &
care. Curve cuts in 150 x 50 softwood again almost perfectly square.

Worth the extra if you can justify the cost.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman