Posted to alt.home.repair
H H is offline

Default Washing Machine worth fixing?

"dpb" wrote in message ...
H wrote:
Folks,

I moved the washer out so I could work on it, and beneath where the
center of washer was was a pile of rubber filings and a few pieces of
solid rubber. I therefore suspected that it is merely the belt that has
been fried.

However, I checked the Sears web site for the model I have (
110.92595500 ) and I cannot find a drive belt, or any other kind of belt,
in the parts list.

Most rather than a conventional belt use a flexible coupling that looks
like a piece of rubber radiator hose with slits lengthwise around it on
the middle section and the two ends solid. It goes on one end of the
drive and the transmission drive and is the shock absorber as well as the
drive for the reversing action of the agitation. More than likely that's
what's worn out and it finally broke. It's relatively easy fix...

Thanks...can you, perchance, identify which number on the part list is the
part to which you refer?

http://www3.sears.com/Paul/partlist_...rchType=TITLE&