Posted to alt.home.repair
RickH RickH is offline

Default help me to choose a drill on a budget

On Sep 22, 9:52 am, wrote:
As a new homewner I need a drill/driver for occasional weekend use. I
am on the budget $100 but the less I spend the better if quality is
sufficient for my tasks.
The options I've been looking at are
1) 18v Skil 2887, $79 (or 59 refurbished)
2) Panasonik EY6405FQKW, $99
3) Ryobi 18V Reconditioned $75

Any other options? I realize it would be a waste to buy anything pro
in my case. I want the drill to last however. So based on reviews
Panasonic is aa clear winner but does it worth extra $?

I've owned them all, but the DeWalt cordless has a lot of torque for a
cordless, more torque than I've ever seen on a cordless it matches the
torque of my corded Makita. The Ryobi is crappy but they have a nice
lineup and design ideas for re-using the batteries. My next drill
will probably be the DeWalt or I'll just keep the one I "borrowed"
from my friend since June. One caveat is that it is a heavy drill for
a cordless, probably because it needs heavier gearbox for all that
torque.