Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bigjim@backpacker.com is offline

Default Washing Machine worth fixing?

Get a new one. You will save money through better efficiency. A new
Kenmore can be had for $299-399. Why pay $100+ to fix an old machine
when a new one with warranty can be had for a bit more? Penny wise
and pound foolish some are.

On Sep 22, 12:05 pm, Meat Plow wrote:
On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 22:34:00 +0000, H wrote:
My washer, which is about 14 years old and is a top-of-the-line Kenmore has
stopped agitating or spinning. It seems to do everything else (fill and
drain). Does anyone have an opinion that the machine is or is not worth
fixing, or is it time to just buy a new machine?

Thanks.

Fixed my 30 year old Kenmore for under 60 about 4 years ago. The water
pump seized and I also replaced belts.