Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default HOA demands resident's web site come down

Kurt Ullman wrote in news:kurtullman-
:

In article ,
Jim Yanik wrote:

You should include this part you snipped;
Thus, if I
want to leaflet at a Mall, they can toss me out of the door barring a
state law to the contrary because it is private property. Even then it
would be a state law and not federal or constitutional question.

Even on such "private property" -open to the public-,you still retain
certain rights,and they are still subject to certain government
regulations,such as health,safety regs,both state and Federal.

Even in the public areas, absent a state law to the contrary, there
is no right of assembly, you have no right of free speech in that they
can toss your behind for leafleting, etc. Even under this theory, it
is a long stretch to suggest that the HOA is public.

I didn't claim any HOA was "open to the public".I was referring to a MALL.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik