Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller Toller is offline

Default help me to choose a drill on a budget

Skill and Ryobi are crap. Only thing worse than crap is reconditioned crap.
Panasonic has a good reputation, but I don't know anything about that
particular drill.

Lowes is selling a Dewalt 12v drill (DW940?) for $99 now; almost half price
off. Some stores don't have it on sale (such as the stores around me) but
they will match the other stores if you ask them to.
I have two of them and love them. Only problem is that the 12v line is
kinda short; almost anything other than drills has to be bought used off
ebay.
I don't know how extensive the Panasonic line is, but if it is deep that
might be a factor.

wrote in message
ps.com...
As a new homewner I need a drill/driver for occasional weekend use. I
am on the budget $100 but the less I spend the better if quality is
sufficient for my tasks.
The options I've been looking at are
1) 18v Skil 2887, $79 (or 59 refurbished)
2) Panasonik EY6405FQKW, $99
3) Ryobi 18V Reconditioned $75

Any other options? I realize it would be a waste to buy anything pro
in my case. I want the drill to last however. So based on reviews
Panasonic is aa clear winner but does it worth extra $?