Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default HOA demands resident's web site come down

In article ,
Caesar Romano wrote:

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 04:28:46 +0000 (UTC), (Don
Klipstein) wrote Re HOA demands resident's web site come down:

And I have heard of court cases restricting HOA rulemaking, I believe on
basis that HOAs are a level of government - nad have to obey the Bill of
Rights. (IIRC - it has been years since I read the newspaper article
saying that.)

Precisely. Watch what happens to a HOA that tries to include racial
restrictions.

But that isn't constitutional. That is related to the Civil
Right Act. You don't have to be remotely conceived as a level of
government to run afoul of that.