Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Specs that are part English and part metric

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 16:05:04 +0100, with neither quill nor qualm, Mark
Rand quickly quoth:

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 07:43:59 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Question: Why do they have a shopping basket on their site when there
is no way to buy their products online? What does Catia cost, anyway?
Just curious.

It's one of those "if you need to ask the price, you can't afford it
propositions".

Right.

Part of our business (about 300 souls) got sold off to a management buyout.
Because Dassault wouldn't allow 6 licenses to be transferred, a deal was done
whereby the draftsmen still work for us. They are paid for entirely by the
sold off business and only do work for them... go figure.

Ah, so it's not only our American software assholes, the French have
the software assholes, too.

--

EXPLETIVE: A balm, usually applied verbally in hindsight,
which somehow eases those pains and indignities following