Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Specs that are part English and part metric

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 11:16:35 +0100, with neither quill nor qualm, Mark
Rand quickly quoth:

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 00:51:14 +0200, Nick Mueller
wrote:

Rich Grise wrote:

Once, I was detailing a drawing in Autocad, and I downloaded a bearing
drawing file from SKF.

I imported the bearing file into my other drawing, and the bearing
was bigger than my whole assembly!

Autocad is bloatware. :-))

Nick

Hear hear, use Catia instead :-)

Eek, the lady on the demo page has one of those whiny,
irritating-to-the-core voices.

Question: Why do they have a shopping basket on their site when there
is no way to buy their products online? What does Catia cost, anyway?
Just curious.

Something over $16,000 a seat. It is not for the faint of heart, nor the
hobbyist. However, if you're planning to design an airliner (its original
market), it's the way to go.

--
Ed Huntress