Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Walford Steve Walford is offline

Default gas fire & boiler servicing

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:38:41 GMT, geoff wrote:

In message . com,
writes
How often should a (i) gas fire and (ii) gas boiler be serviced?

Also one hears so much about dodgy engineers etc is there any way of
finding a reputable service co. rather than just sticking a pin in the
telephone directory?

normally annually

if you really don't know anyone, phone up your local authority and ask
who they use

they might not be the best around, but at least they should be OK

I work for a local authority, not on the building side though.

All work is tendered for, lowest price that meets the specification
wins

When I say all work it is not individual. We may tender for a
framework agreement for three years, along the lines of

CORGI approved, shouldn't they all be, gas fitters / contractors to
service and maintain gas appliances in council houses

We would appoint three possible suppliers

Cheapest is not always best