Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wandering Jigsaw

mark wrote:
Just got myself a new jigsaw(£70). When starting a cut the blade
wanders to the left about 8mm and stays there, happens everytime, no
matter what direction. Even when using a guide.....

See pics here
http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php...igsaw.jpg.html. This
cut was made using a guide, I've just moved it back so youi can see
the poor cut.
What's to blame? jigsaw? blade? me?

First of all a jigsaw isnt the tool for the job. Jigsaws cut curves,
circular saws cut straight lines. I doubt that anybody could achieve a
straight line square cut with a jigsaw.

As John Rumm says, decent jigsaw like the Makita 4341 with a quality blade
(Makita/Bosch) will do an entirely different job.

I'd almost given up on jigsaws until I bought the Makita after advice from
members of this group. Made on a different planet.
http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.ph.../sn/MAK4351FCT

What jigsaw have you got?

--
Dave