Posted to uk.d-i-y
David in Normandy David in Normandy is offline

Default Wandering Jigsaw

In article ,
says...

"David in Normandy" wrote in message

Take it back and exchange it for a circular saw,if there's one power tool
that I don't have its a jigsaw basically because they're useless for

cutting
long lenghts of wood straight.

Must agree. My jigsaw wanders to the left so have to steer it to the
right. It can also wander with the depth of the cut too depending on
what I'm cutting. Doing the cut out hole in worktops for a kitchen sink
being a prime example. The cut is not at 90 degrees to the surface.
--
David in Normandy.
(The free MicroPlanet Gravity newsreader is great for eliminating the

You have probably done the hole for the sink now? but if and when I happen
to get a job of that ilk I prefer to use a router which can give you a
precise cut with inner straight edges,although its quicker to cut out the
hole first with a jigsaw and then route the hole to required lines I still
prefer to use the router for each and every cutout.

Yes, sounds like a better way of doing it. The last sink I did, the
angle turned out so far off 90 degrees that there wasn't much left for
the fixing clips to hang on to.