Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Outlet position according to code.

In article om, Terry wrote:
On Sep 21, 6:50 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article ,

wrote:
Has anyone determined the correct way to mount an outlet according to
code these days? [...]
But code is code, (right or wrong). According to code, what is the
latest "approved" method to mount an outlet?

The Code doesn't care, and never has.

I am asking this because I have an old neighbor who calls himself an
electrician. (In reality, he's a handyman who does some minor
electrical work, such as adding an outlet). He said he has not read
the code in at least ten years, (probably more than 20 years). Yet he
insists that my outlets all need to be flipped to put the ground on
the top.

My guess is, he's *never* read a Code book. Want to make some easy money? Bet
him fifty bucks he can't show you *any* edition of the NEC, no matter how
ancient or recent, that specifies whether receptacles in walls must be

mounted
up, down, or sideways. He doesn't have the first clue what he's talking

about.

Is there a section in Health Care?

None that I'm aware of -- not that it would be relevant to the OP anyway.

I don't use that online code book because I don't use Java due to
security risks.

It's not available at the moment anyway...

--
Regards,