Posted to uk.d-i-y
David in Normandy David in Normandy is offline

Default Wandering Jigsaw

In article , says...
Just got myself a new jigsaw(£70). When starting a cut the blade wanders to
the left about 8mm and stays there, happens everytime, no matter what
direction. Even when using a guide.....

See pics here
http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php...igsaw.jpg.html.
This cut was made using a guide, I've just moved it back so youi can see the
poor cut.

What's to blame? jigsaw? blade? me?

I've had the same problem with several jigsaws. Invariably I end up
lifting the safety flap and watching where the blade actually goes
rather than where the guide indicates it is supposed to be going. I
don't know the cause either.
--
David in Normandy.
(The free MicroPlanet Gravity newsreader is great for eliminating the