Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HOA demands resident's web site come down

"Phil-In-Mich." wrote in message
I lived for 9 years in Columbia, MD which is layers upon layers of HOA's.

My take: Let the buyer beware. Simple and short.
You are required to be provided notice and documentation that you are
moving into a HOA property and house. You agree to the arrangement (and
property lien documents) when you purchase the land and house. Period.
You are assumed to be an adult at the time of purchase.

I have no tears to shed for anyone who purchases into an HOA, and later
decides they don't like the HOA because it is a bunch of busy bodies.

While I agree with what you say, the HOA in this case still has no right to
stop his web site. We still have freedom of speech in this country.