Posted to alt.home.repair

Default HOA demands resident's web site come down

"Oren" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 15:56:28 -0500, "Steve Barker LT"
wrote:

what trademark? His site is hamptonsnbc. not "the hamptons" or other
such
thing.

Paris Hilton TM 'ed "That's Hot" or some such. Now I'm afraid to pick
up a frying pan. Moms can't tell the children - that's hot! :-)

You can trademark an otherwise generic word in certain context. Many of us
use trademarked names for noncommercial purposes all the time. It can be
a Ford Owner Club, or Star Trek Fan Club. Using the work Hamptons is not
necessarily an infringement.

Google give over 4,610,000 hits for the word Hamptons and is it used by
Hamptons Vodka, Nuke the Hamptons, and many others. I'd never live where
there was an HOA though.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/