Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Abrasha Abrasha is offline

Default OT - Upgrading Computers

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Looking around I could go by the name of "Too Many Computers" with all
the computers I have.

As they age and needs change, I find that I am to the point where I
need to upgrade again.

I am interested in hearing how you decide when it is time to upgrade
your computer, what do you do with the old one, do you keep any of the
components...in other words how do you go about upgrading your
computer resources.

A comment about how you will deal with upgrading to Vista would be
appreciated too.

Thanks

TMT

From engadget.com today:

It's no shock that Windows Vista isn't, shall we say, universally loved,
and it's also unsurprising that a plethora of businesses have voiced
their preference to keep on runnin' their operations on Windows XP.
Presumably in response, Microsoft is "quietly allowing PC makers to
offer a downgrade option to buyers that get machines with the new
operating system but want to switch to Windows XP," but the program only
applies to Vista Business and Ultimate editions. The likes of Fujitsu,
HP, Lenovo and Dell all have processes in place to ensure that customers
have the ability to downgrade if they so choose, and while some firms
are still selling their PCs with XP pre-installed, debates are already
swirling around how long that tactic can remain in place.

Read more at: http://tinyurl.com/ytrs9x (it's the cnet news site)

Yeah, Vista is a great success, ... not!

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com