Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Do Not Call listings to expire in 2008

On 21 Sep 2007 20:53:47 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
(DoN. Nichols) quickly quoth:

According to Ed Huntress :

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
ups.com...
FYI...something I found interesting...

I assume that if this law lapses the telemarketers will use their Do
Not Call database as their phone list.

Did you know that personal cell numbers are being resold to mass
marketers without your permission?

But they won't be calling you, according to the FTC:

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2007/02/dnccellphones.shtm

It doesn't hurt to register all of your numbers, but it won't make much
difference with cell phones.

It is a pity that there is not a do-not-spam registry -- with
teeth.

Yeah, taking an ounce of flesh for each spam would rid us of spammers
quickly. And it's too bad the DNC list doesn't apply to fracking
political bull**** calls and charities. I was totally harassed by the
March of Dimes until I threatened to sue them to stop their 3x/week
mailings. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Wouldn't it be nice to see an "open season" declared on spammers and
bulk callers?

--

EXPLETIVE: A balm, usually applied verbally in hindsight,
which somehow eases those pains and indignities following