Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Andy Asberry Andy Asberry is offline

Default Got any eyeglass experts here?

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 08:03:24 -0700, Gerry wrote:

On Sep 21, 5:32 am, Jim Wilkins wrote:

Part of my problem is the fact that I've had three disc fused in my
neck so upward mobility is a bit limited. I have regular bifocal
safety glasses but they force me into some uncomfortable positions
when running my lathe, plus I have to get to close to be in focus. I
have read that "computer" glasses have a different focal point,
something like 21" to 29" where regular reading glasses are 16" to
22". I've already raised my lathe 3" to cut back on the back strain
from leaning over the machine. Thanks for all of y'all suggestions!

Ditto here. You don't look up at passing airplanes. You don't look
down to see what's in your shirt pocket. You don't lean back in a
rocking chair unless it has a headrest.

--Andy Asberry--