Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Outlet position according to code.

On Sep 21, 5:47 pm, wrote:
Has anyone determined the correct way to mount an outlet according to
code these days?

..
Alvin:
We recently had a long long thread here on this ng on this very topic.
It covered all the options and the outcome was that unless there is
written local code in some jurisdiction, there is nothing in the
National Electrical Code (American) that defines up, down or sideways!
Here in Canada where our systems (especially residential/domestic) are
very similar we have found nothing either.
Here, in this part of Canada it does seem that some of the wal-warts
and small chargers for rechargeable batteries, cell phones,
rechargeable flashlights etc. presently available are easier to use
with the ground on the bottom. But that is only a personal
observation.
Built this house some 37 years ago; ours tend to be on the bottom or
occasionally sideways! Terry