Posted to alt.home.repair
John Gilmer[_2_] John Gilmer[_2_] is offline

Default HOA demands resident's web site come down

"Steve Barker LT" wrote in message
The HOA doesn't have leg to stand on. Jeeeeze what a waste of time.

I would tend to agree. The web site should have "fair use" of the name.

Frankly, the game isn't worth the candle. He should contact the attorney
who wrote the letter and say he is changing the name on his site. It's
just not hard to burn up several $1000 in legal bills is a ****ing contest
with a HoA. I believe the story mentioned a $10k figure.

another good reason to ban HOA's. They think they are God.

Governments LOVE HoA just because the HoA's can do things governments can't.

They tend to be run by folks without much in the way of common sense.

When we were in the house search and ended up with us being where we are the
FIRST criteria we told the agent was NO Home Owners Association of the type
that can actually impose rules. Neighborhood associations are OK, of
course.