Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie Bress Charlie Bress is offline

Default HOA demands resident's web site come down

"HeyBub" wrote in message
"Last week, the association's property manager gave [the resident] until
the end of the month to rename the Web site, dissolve it or face a
$100-a-day fine, eventually resulting in a lien on his home."

That'll teach the malcontent to mess with the HOA!

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...NEWS/709210366

I live about 20 miles south of this homeowner. I have been in developments
in Florida since 1982. In one place I was a board member for more than a
dozen years.

So when I give you my thoughts on the subject I am not just blowing smoke.

The Florida statutes has one section on Corporations Not for Profit. Under
Section 617.0808 Removal of directors.

"Any member of the board of directors may be removed From office with or
without cause by vote or agreement in writing by a majority of all votes of
the membership." It goes on from there and those really interested can find
it all on line.

So my take on this situation is that 1) things are not all that bad if he
cannot muster enough votes and 2) As he was once a board member and the
president, no less, he was negligent not being conversant with applicable
law.

I am not now involved with the HOA where I live. My wife contends that
involvement is grounds for divorce.

Charlie