Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Specs that are part English and part metric

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 22:23:52 -0500, Richard J Kinch wrote:

There's an odd thread, called the Leica thread, that is used on
photographic enlarger lenses. It is specified as 39mm in nominal diameter
but 26 tpi in pitch.

I'm wondering what other monstrous metric-English combinations are out
there?

Once, I was detailing a drawing in Autocad, and I downloaded a bearing
drawing file from SKF.

I imported the bearing file into my other drawing, and the bearing
was bigger than my whole assembly! I had to scale it by 1/25.4. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich