Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus25943 Ignoramus25943 is offline

Default BP horizontal attachment

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 15:39:43 -0400, Ned Simmons wrote:
On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 10:41:59 -0700, "T.Alan Kraus"
wrote:

I've been looking for a right angle attachment for my varispeed J head.
I've googled and found some for M heads. What is the major difference
between the ones for the J and the ones for the M and what can I expect
to be a fair price?

The attachment clamps on the OD of the quill and mates with the taper
in the spindle. The J head has a larger quill than the M head and a
different spindle taper.

And by the way does anyone here have one they want
to part with?

I might.

I am interesting in your attachment Ned. Let me know if you ever
decide to part with it.