Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Bio-Fuels Bite the Dust

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 16:57:23 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 19:25:52 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Gerald
Miller quickly quoth:
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 20:13:34 GMT, Rich Grise wrote:

Just capture the methane from fermenting sewage.

We currently are generating electricity from methane extracted from our
landfill.

Ah, but have you plumbed your cows for methane capture yet?

In theory, it's doable - just have a muzzle and butt cup at the milking
stations. ;-)

On edjamacaishunal TeeVee last night, there was a climate thing, and
they said that termites make a lot of methane, with their cellulose-
digesting bacteria in their gut.

Somebody is doing genetic engineering with termites right now to breed a
supertermite that will really put out some methane. I wouldn't want to have
that lab near *my* house.

--
Ed Huntress