Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise Rich Grise is offline

Default Bio-Fuels Bite the Dust

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 04:42:48 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 00:18:31 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:
"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
In the landfill that was sealed where I used to live - they generated
enough gas to heat the HS pool all year long and some other park stuff.
Some places in the East I'm told are mining theirs. Rich in metals of
all sorts and naturally glass.

In WWII my dad was sent first to radio school at the Navy's facilities in
Washington. They fueled their bunsen burners (among other things) with
the sewer gas from a nearby sewer field. Dad said it worked fine as long
as the flame didn't go out.

1:1 odds that some smartalec in the class deflamed it at least once a
week, eh? Ewwwwwwwww! Was anyone smart (dumb) enough to attempt sending
a flame back into the system?

No, but some guy told me that once at the school where we were, some
guys put a piece of rubber tubing from the hose barb on the water
faucet to the hose barb on the gas line and turned them both on.

I guess it took some time to purge the water out of the gas lines.

Cheers!
Rich