Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Painting over poly

wrote in message
ps.com...
The previous home owner sponge painted my kitchen. They put what
appears to be a clear coat of poly to protect their masterpiece. I
would like to repaint the room. Can I paint over poly? Do I sand it
first? Do I need to prime First? I am guessing that the poly has a
satin finish.

I did this last year. Sanded first with fine paper. Check from a million
angles with a halogen light to be sure I hadn't missed any spots. Primed
with Kilz, painted with latex. Worked fine. The floor's still ugly, though.
:-)