Posted to alt.home.repair
kpg* kpg* is offline

Default Pressure Washer Question

"Steve Barker LT" wrote in newsdWdnVGxNKk-
:

"hobbes" wrote in message
oups.com...

I have a Home Depot Husky electric one. It is sort of wimpy in power
but it works for me O.K. I think for a deck a gasoline one with more
oomph would be better. I did decide to get an electric wimpy one for
the following reasons:

2) I have a pretty wimpy water supply. So a large gasoline one would
quickly outstrip my water source and start to gulp air

where would the air get in?

That's what I was thinking. Even if you don't have much water pressure
the pump will draw in what it needs from the water line. Unless the supply
line is restricted in some way I doubt water pressure will be a problem.

for the op:

I have a 1600 psi electric pressur washer - ok for small jobs. I would not
do a deck or even a patio. Not enough gpm to be effective.

I use it for parts, motors, outdoot tables, it even works fine on getting
the algae and mold off the lower bricks of the house.