Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default DRAWING A BOARDER AND TITLE BLOCK

wrote:
| I AM JUST LEARNING SCETCH UP AND WANT TO TEACH IT TO MY TECH
| STUDENTS I NEED TO DO A BOARDER AND TITLE BLOCK AS A TEMPLATE AND
| AM HAVING DIFFICULTIES

Hmm. You've already heard about the all-caps thing from those who
weren't ever beginners - and it'd appear that all the Sketch-Up users
are officers of the spelling police - so you're stuck with
questionable advice from a guy who's never used the program...

Try creating a drawing that consists of nothing but an
appropriately-sized border and the title block of your own design. I
have two of these, one for portrait orientation drawings and one for
landscape-oriented drawings.

To use these in DesignCAD, I make my new drawing of an assembly or
part, then open my saved border/title block and copy it to the
clipboard. Then I close the border file and paste the border/title
block into my new drawing.

Now I can do a proportional re-size of the border and title block and
move it to surround the new drawing. Don't re-size any of the elements
of your new drawing because that'd screw up the dimensions!

When you like what you see, add text to the title block and save your
new drawing with text and title block.

SketchUp may or may not work like DesignCAD for these operations - but
it seem reasonable that it has at least similar capabilities that'll
let you get the job done.

HTH

--
Morris Dovey