Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Take this test. See how you compare to elite College students

Ed Huntress wrote:

"technomaNge" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:

It wasn't easy, but it's interesting to me that posters to this NG scored
so
high. Our average must be around 50 or so, which I consider pretty good
for
someone who doesn't read history for fun or as part of his or her job.
The
average age for this NG is probably pretty high, too, and you can forget
lot of details if you don't keep up with the subject(s).

I suspect we'd do well against elite college students in many areas,
including math and science. We have a lot of years of experience, and
there's some degree of advantage because many of us care about the
content
of these subjects in one way or another--a fact that counterbalances the
tendency to forget over time. What's left for the students? I'd say
English,
except that most posters here are quite articulate and write at a very
high
level. I think we're well above the level of typical college students.

Maybe we should all apply for honorary PhDs...

--
Ed Huntress

I can hardly wait for the first episode of
"Are you smarter than a metalworker / old fart?"

Hey, that's not a bad idea...

They would have to cover the camera lens to protect it from some
faces, so they might as well make it a radio program. ;-)

How about: Extreme Metalworking, the video game where one person is
the hapless metalworker, while the other players are crappy suppliers,
crooked eBay tool dealers, family who don't understand WHY you want to
work with metal, HOAs that want you to paint your tools according to
their color scheme, and ungrateful customers? Oh, wait, that's real
life.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell