Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] pat_edfischer@msn.com is offline

Default Trouble setting up new table saw

On Sep 20, 10:40 pm, "Dan" wrote:
"Ed Bennett" wrote in message

ps.com...

So, for example, if your blade is tilted to 45 degrees, then the
correction factor is going to be 0.7071 (cos(45)). If you measure
0.012" misalignment, then the actual change is 0.0085" (0.012 *
0.7071). If it was measured over a distance of 8", then you have a
change of 0.0011" per inch (0.0085 / 8). Then, if your bolts are 20"
apart, then you should start with 0.022" (0.0011 * 20) worth of

You have the scenario exactly, and I must say I'm very impressed, though I
am simultaneously saddened by the fact that at one time I actually *did
know* all that trigonometry. Now get this: After some experimenting (and
BEFORE I read your prediction) I was able to get the error of both 90 & 45
degrees down to ~.003 by inserting a .025" washer under the table at the 2
front table corner bolts. Again, very impressed you were able to predict
this so closely with calculations.

Cuts are now PERFECT!

LET'S MAKE SOME SAWDUST!!!!!!!!!

BTW if anyone is interested, I can email PDF's of several articles I have
on tablesaw tune-ups which helped me work this out, a video of one of which
can be seen athttp://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/ToolGuide/ToolGuideArticle.asp....

Thanks for your support!

Dan

Dan,

I would also appreciate the PDF articles you mentioned in your post.

TIA.
Ed F.