Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Scott is offline

Default Pressure Washer Question

I know I've asked the question before about whether a do-it-yourselfer should
try pressue washing a 3-year old cedar deck by himself or hire a professional.
I see where Target is selling a Black & Decker 1,600 PSI Electric Pressure Washer
for $88.00. This seems like a good buy, since hiring someone to do the deck
every few years would be around $100. My 3-year old cedar deck greyed considerably
last winter, after being cleaned with bleach and re-stained (Sikken Natural Cedar
stain)last year in the spring. Cleaning it by hand this summer with bleach did
very little. The greying is only on the deck floor and top rail. The verticals
are fine.

I'm wondering if it would be worth it to buy this unit now for $88 and use it on
my deck next spring, being careful not to spray too close to the wood. If I'm
careful, is it unlikely I'll damage the wood?

Thanks!
Scott