Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Bennett Ed Bennett is offline

Default Trouble setting up new table saw

On Sep 20, 8:40 pm, "Dan" wrote:
You have the scenario exactly, and I must say I'm very impressed, though I
am simultaneously saddened by the fact that at one time I actually *did
know* all that trigonometry. Now get this: After some experimenting (and
BEFORE I read your prediction) I was able to get the error of both 90 & 45
degrees down to ~.003 by inserting a .025" washer under the table at the 2
front table corner bolts. Again, very impressed you were able to predict
this so closely with calculations.

Cuts are now PERFECT!

LET'S MAKE SOME SAWDUST!!!!!!!!!

BTW if anyone is interested, I can email PDF's of several articles I have
on tablesaw tune-ups which helped me work this out, a video of one of which
can be seen athttp://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/ToolGuide/ToolGuideArticle.asp....

Thanks for your support!

Dan

You're welcome! Every now and then the old gray matter comes in
handy.

I wouldn't mind seeing these articles you mention.

Thanks,
Ed Bennett

http://www.ts-aligner.com
Home of the TS-Aligner