Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb himself[_4_] cavelamb himself[_4_] is offline

Default Science - and the Media

Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb himself" wrote in message

snip

Doesn't look that way,

Having read a lot of the "news" and discussions about this,
and watched several of teh video reports,
it looks like something interesting is happening here.

175 watts on the demo set up.

But no info about frequency.
If it's truly a molecular resonance thing then

1) the power level might make sense.

2) the right frequency may be even more impressive
(unless it's already at the correst frequency)

All in all, it does look like something fun going on here.

Richard

I think it's them, having fun with you. g

Richard, if they've re-invented the laws of thermodynamics, it will be very
big news indeed.

--
Ed Huntress

No way we can know that for sure at this time, Ed.

All I'm saying is that it does indeed looks like something interesting
is going down here.

Skepticism I appreciate, as long as it is scientific skepticism.

It's simply too simple of an experiment to set up.

Anyone with a couple hundred watt RF source and a bottle of salt water
can try it for themselves.

And they are.

That's what tripped up Fleischmann and Pons (Cold fusion gag).

Nobody else could recreate the experiment and get similar results.
And the fact that the amount of heat they thought they detected was
down several decimal places.

This setup exhibits a real live hydrogen flame - from salt water.
Just because there is an RF source near.

I do NOT think there are any laws of thermodynamics being broken here.

But maybe a novel twist.

Time will tell.

Richard