Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] andyh@hall.nospam is offline

Default Small radio controlled switch?

On 21 Sep, 02:16, Bill wrote:
In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writesI've fitted a rather nice steering wheel to the old car which comes with a
horn push in the middle. At the moment the horn is activated by pushing
the indicator stalk. It would be nice to have the push work as well - but
of course this is usually achieved with fairly involved wiring either up
the steering column or with slip rings.
There's a fair amount of room inside the steering wheel boss, so a
battery transmitter and 12 volt receiver elsewhere would be nice. Anyone
seen such a device at a reasonable price anywhere? All I've found are IR
ones.

An interesting idea, these are a fairly standard module:-

http://www.rfsolutions.co.uk/acatalog/DS000032.PDF

At one time RS used to sell them, I'm not sure if they still do.

--
Bill

These ones work particularly well - I have one in my workshop for
remote control of the dust extractor etc. The package of keyfob
plus a multichannel receiver with relay outputs is ideal for that
application - it drives an impulse relay followed by a contactor.

For the horn application, there's more there than needed. However,
RF Solutions supply the electronics modules separately for integration
into something else.

# RS Stock no. 505-6553
# Manufacturer RF Solutions
# Manufact. part no. HIRK-433F