Xane T.

Default Effective Rust Stain Remover?

On Sun, 09 May 2004 00:34:36 GMT, "John"

oxalic acid based rust removers such as Iron Out and Rust Aid [and
Rust Aid Pro] do not work very well on severe rust stains in
concrete/masonry. I've been trying to find one that has a totally
different chemical formula. We had something in a tiny tube called
'Rust Magic' that worked nearly /instantly/ on rust, but it wasn't for
big jobs, just for small stains in clothes. It smelled sort of like
slightly rotten watermelons. I've always wondered what was in it.
Another thing I've seen is something I think is called 'Aqua-Solv' but
I haven't tried it yet.