Posted to alt.home.repair
wgd wgd is offline

Default Wet/Dry vac for outdoor cleanup?

I do a lot of sweeping of my sidewalk and parking area in front of my
townhouse to remove leaves and other debris. In the fall I have to
repeatedly remove an accumulation of leaves from underneath the outdoor
condensor unit of my heat pump (an early 80's York champion). The
vacuum effect of the condensor fan sucks up every leaf in range and
plasters them beneath the condensor coil blocking air flow through the
coils.

Would a small wet/dry vac work well for this type of cleanup? They are
typically promoted for indoor shop use. But why couldn't you use them
outside (in dry weather of course). Home Depot has a 6 gallon RIDGID
unit model WD0635 for only $39.97. I'm thinking of picking one up for
this type of minor outdoor cleanup.

Has anyone used a wet/dry vac for this purpose? If so how well did it
work? Or is this a bad idea for some reason I'm not aware of?

Thanks for any opinions or suggestions.

Warren