Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default 50V AC coming from RF connector

"AJ" wrote in message
. ..
Had a very similar situation with a customer location. Once the CABLE
COMPANY came out and installed the grounding block properly, I.E.,
properly connected to a known good ground source, not just the black metal
pipe that it had been tied loosely to before. LOL!! Elimited the supposed
current(Leakage Voltage ??) and improved the reception. DUH!
Compentency seemed lacking in regards to the initial installer, IMHO!
wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks again guys. Just called cable company and I guess guy was at
my house today and checked it out and all is good. Guess he didn't
want to call me and admit he was wrong.

Who ever said those sorts of people were all "professionals"? A majority
have basic experience at best. A "neighbor" had RF interference once - on
their phone - from my "Ham" station. The "phone" man came out - told them -
it was "my" fault. They came knocking on the door - threatening to call the
FCC. I offered them the phone and phone number to call. "I" knew - "my"
station was clean. I called the next day - to the phone company and blasted
them. The Supervisor said the "tech" was wrong to make a claim without
looking around. "HE" came out - and found a bad ground on the "neighbor's"
phone system. Problem solved - apology forthcoming from all. I've seen
"Cable" and "Phone" installers who barely know their ass from a hole in the
ground. I've seen them have to call in "others" to fix a problem.