Posted to sci.electronics.repair
AJ AJ is offline

Default 50V AC coming from RF connector

Had a very similar situation with a customer location. Once the CABLE
COMPANY came out and installed the grounding block properly, I.E., properly
connected to a known good ground source, not just the black metal pipe that
it had been tied loosely to before. LOL!! Elimited the supposed
current(Leakage Voltage ??) and improved the reception. DUH!
Compentency seemed lacking in regards to the initial installer, IMHO!
wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks again guys. Just called cable company and I guess guy was at
my house today and checked it out and all is good. Guess he didn't
want to call me and admit he was wrong.