Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Take this test. See how you compare to elite College students

"Stuart Wheaton" wrote in message
Bob Engelhardt wrote:
TwoGuns wrote:
Answers to Your Missed Questions:
Question #5 - D. Yorktown
Question #9 - B. was a stalemate.
Question #13 - B. the nature and control of Reconstruction.
Question #23 - B. Marbury v. Madison.
Question #32 - B. Common Sense.
Question #35 - A. discouraged new colonies in the Western hemisphere.
Question #55 - E. increased for the lower and middle classes and
increased most for the upper class.
Question #60 - B. social security.

Those are very much the same as the ones that I missed. I wonder what
the distribution of answers is? That would be interesting to see. I
mean if 95% of the quiz takers got the "Marbury v. Madison" question
wrong that says more about the question that it does about the quiz
takers.

52% of freshmen got it right, 41% of seniors, it had the highest rate of
'unlearning' in the entire test. If you look under the sidebar "Tables"
and scroll down, you will find a table that lists exactly what you ask
for. It shows the percentage of students who got each question right.

Some of the stuff was so obscure that I was irritated at being asked. Who
cares if it was "Marbury v. Madison" - what matters is the principle.

If you refer to Roe v. Wade do you expect people to know what you are
talking about? I don't think Roe v. Wade should be overturned because I
don't want a return to segregation. (Or was that that other case...)

Stuart

You have to know Marbury if you want to understand how it is that the
Supreme Court gets to decide the constitutionality of laws. It isn't in the
Constitution itself. The Supreme Court decided it had the power in that
famous case.

It's a vitally important part of American constitutional history.

--
Ed Huntress