Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Water standing near house

on 9/20/2007 4:39 AM Stacia said the following:
Al Bundy writes:

Is this a recent purchase?. When you purchased the home did you get a
disclosures statement from the seller? In some/all states it is
mandatory. See if the disclosure and an item about "standing water". If
the seller disclosed it then the problem is all yours. If they didn't you
may have recourse. It can become subjective as to what "standing" water
is and the wording in the disclosure. 12 hrs of standing water does
indeed blow.

We bought the house a year and a half ago. The previous owners didn't
disclose a thing, but the inspector mentioned a "drainage" problem on the
NE corner where the water pools. The problem was briefly noted but the
extent of the problem wasn't clearly stated, and we didn't realize it
until this spring when the rains came.

Build a Koi pond. :-)
We've already had problems with the previous owners hiding mold damage
in the bathroom and the idiot inspector "missing" it. We spoke to a
lawyer and there wasn't anything we could do, since we didn't have proof
that they hid it on purpose. I'm not even going to get into fighting
about the yard.

Stacia

--

Bill