Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 50V AC coming from RF connector

On Sep 20, 1:07 pm, wrote:
I assumed this was all normal and the cable guy didn't know what he
was talking about.

Should you be able to feel this voltage across then end of the cable?
With 2 of 3 TVs you can feel it when you put your finger over the end
of the cable.

When I ground the splitter where the offending TVs are connected and
then disconnect the input from cable company and test that input to
ground I only get 0.1V which I assume is an acceptable level for their
equipment to deal with.

Thanks alot for you help. Just have to convince cable guy it is
suppost to do that.

You need to ground the shield of the cable connector on the tv set to
a real ground, fpor as long as the cacle guy hangs around. Previous
posters about hot cheap chassis are 100% correct.

H. R. Hofmann