Posted to rec.woodworking
Ronald[_2_] Ronald[_2_] is offline

Default McFeely's

On Sep 19, 9:46 am, Phil Hansen wrote:
On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 15:31:14 -0700, Ronald
wrote:

On Sep 17, 2:08 pm, "Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
I've posted this here because I want you all to have a name and a

Hi Ron,
Will you now have a web site that will accept overseas destinations
with easy payment options and delivery addresses as opposed to the
hoops and things that were required before?
Thanks.

******

eat the samoosa to reply

Hey Phil,

I apologize for the hoops and trauma involved in placing international
orders with McFeely's. Here are the problems I see with international
commerce. It's difficult for us to use an automated system to quote
international deliveries because the shippers have options which can
become fairly complicated pretty quickly. If we sold a standardized
product (like books or CDs), it would be easier for us to publish a
simple set of S&H rates but with product lines as diverse as ours in
terms of weight and packaging requirements, not to mention
restrictions on exports for some, it really is a matter better suited
for a custom quote. I wish that weren't the case but we'd be doing
ourselves a real disservice if we even tried to publish a simplifed
S&H schedule for international shipments. What would happen is we'd be
wildly divergent from that schedule in terms of what we were actually
billed and that would result in our either charging our customers too
much or eating too much of the S&H. The former isn't how we want to
run our business and the latter would eventually result in price
increases, neither of which is a good long-term situation.

But, I am hopeful that the future may bring some changes.

Ron